Here we go. Goals for August are as follows:
- Write 10,000 words. I achieved more than this last month so no reason why I can’t do the same this month.
- Read two novels. Lee Child’s Bad Luck and Trouble, not sure of the second yet – probably one of the new chick lits that’s out.
- Join the library near work. I’ve been meaning to do this for months and never got round to it. I really need to do this.
- Work on my writing course. I’m not going to put a certain amount of this but just doing SOME of it would be good. I NEED to get back into the habit of doing it.
- Write out my ‘Idea cards’ for ‘Holiday’ and create a story board for it.
- Practice touch typing more. I’ve taught myself how to do this using an online program, but I’m still pretty slow. If I can get my speed up I’ll be able to write things as I think of them and not have to remember where my train of thought was going while I slowly write the sentence before.
- 20 blogs on WordPress. I was 2 short last month, so if I can be consistant from the beginning of the month I should easily achieve this.
- Write at least one blog on a Saturday or Sunday. I’m terrible at doing ANY writing at weekends and want to change that. If I can start with baby steps maybe I can train myself to do it regularlly. As that’s when I have the most free time, I really should be doing more with it!
Phew. Lets see how I get on with them. I might print them out and read everyday to keep them fresh in my mind daily. Or something.