Weekend writing

That’s right folks, I’m blogging on a weekend (woo hoo – that’s  a goal for the month under my belt).  Not only that, I’ve also done some writing for ‘Holiday’.  I woke up with an idea for a scene in my head.  Rather than just think about it more, and write down the idea later, I got my notepad out and wrote it out.  Well wrote about 70% of it. And the notes for the other 30%.  I’m pretty impressed with the idea of it.  It’s going to help things flow along nicely.

Also this morning I worked out a main detail for the story.  It’s a detail I’d been struggling with internally.  My main characters are at this stage in their lives and I couldn’t work out how to make it believable that they’d got there.  It was going to be a bit… not unbelievable, but hard to believe, but I’ve worked it out.  I can’t believe I didn’t think of it before.  I just need to write it down now… Done.  Wow this Sunday is productive.

The scene I’ve just written was in 1st person.  I put very little thought into the fact I was going to do that – it just felt right.  I think it works much better than if it was 3rd person because I really want it seen from her eyes.  I think it’s important to see where she’s at in that moment of time.  I’m still going to re write some scenes to see if it works all the time.  It’s also in present tense.  I like present tense but find it really hard to write sometimes.  Hmmmmmmm.

I started reading a book last night.  Unfortunately not one from my to read list, or even a fiction book.  It’s about economics.  Why economics can explain ‘almost anything’. I hope it’s going to be one of those semi educational books that will stay with me and at certain points in my life parts of it will be brought up to add to conversations (you know the type, like Bill Bryson’s ‘A short history of nearly everything’ – love that).  I guess it’s also good to read a selection of things.  I just feel fiction would be better for where I’m going.  Ah well, sometimes you’ve just got to do what you want at that moment not what’s good for the future.  Besides I’m staying at my mum’s in my brother’s room and there’s no other books I’ve not read in here.  In fact there’s a few of MY books I have read in here! I guess it saves me finding space for yet more books though so shouldn’t complain!.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s