It’s September. Which leads me to think 2 things. 1 – Oh my god. It’s September. How did that happen? It will be Christmas soon (sorry!). and 2 – I’m going on holiday soon. So excited. 9 days away from the office job. So incredibly excited!
So. August’s results. Here are my goals and whether I achieved them or not:
- Write 10,000 words. I achieved more than this last month so no reason why I can’t do the same this month. Yes! I wrote a total of… wait for it… 13,049.
- Read two novels. Lee Child’s Bad Luck and Trouble, not sure of the second yet – probably one of the new chick lits that’s out. I read one. It wasn’t this one. It was High Society by Ben Elton.
- Join the library near work. I’ve been meaning to do this for months and never got round to it. I really need to do this. Done.
- Work on my writing course. I’m not going to put a certain amount of this but just doing SOME of it would be good. I NEED to get back into the habit of doing it. Hmmm. I’ve thought about it. I’ve talked about it. I’ve even talked it through with someone. I picked up the module book to read. I read a paragraph. *hangs head in shame*
- Write out my ‘Idea cards’ for ‘Holiday’ and create a story board for it. I started doing this, but only started.
- Practice touch typing more. I’ve taught myself how to do this using an online program, but I’m still pretty slow. If I can get my speed up I’ll be able to write things as I think of them and not have to remember where my train of thought was going while I slowly write the sentence before. I have been doing a lot more of this. Not practicing as such, but not letting myself look at the keyboard at all. I’ve done a few speed tests and I’ve increase it by a couple of words a minute – ever little helps!
- 20 blogs on WordPress. I was 2 short last month, so if I can be consistent from the beginning of the month I should easily achieve this. 21 done. Yes!
- Write at least one blog on a Saturday or Sunday. I’m terrible at doing ANY writing at weekends and want to change that. If I can start with baby steps maybe I can train myself to do it regularly. As that’s when I have the most free time, I really should be doing more with it! I wrote 3 weekend blogs. Lets hope this is a habit I can continue.
All in all I’m actually quite happy with what I’ve done this month. Considering I’ve been pretty ill with these silly headaches and dizziness for most of the month, I think I’ve done pretty well. The only thing I’m really disappointed in myself for is not working on the writing course. I have however got it in the forefront of my mind, so I think pretty soon I’ll be actually getting on with it (she says!)
I’ll work on September’s goals tomorrow – they’ll be a lot less than this due to my holiday (did I mention I’m going on holiday in 10 days…?).