OK. June was terrible. I have no idea what happened there, but it was terrible. I don’t want to lay the blame elsewhere, but I do blame the day job. Two reasons. One: I hate it and am finding it very hard to get motivated to do anything because of this hate! Two: procedures have changed and my role has so I have less time to dedicate to writing.
That said, I think if I have some set goals I’ll try a lot harder to keep to them than last month when I had none. Fingers crossed anyway! So here we go:
- Write 8,000 words ( I feel like that is a realistic amount. I managed 6,000 easily a couple of months ago, and that was in only 15 days. I don’t want to make it too high as I’d like to spend some time editing and rewriting what I write – with a high goal I don’t seem to do that).
- Finish reading Brown Girls by John Wesley Ireland. (I’m really enjoying this so it should be really easy to finish.)
- Finish reading ‘How to write a novel’. (I really shouldn’t do this, as I’m sure I’ll cover all this in my course, and I’m nowhere near that section of it yet, but I can’t help it; I really want to!)
- Spend 10 hours on the writing course. (That’s only 2 hours a week, that is nothing. If I can’t do that, I have some serious problems!)
- Review Brown Girls on here once I’ve read it.
- Review Mercy (I should have done that in May/June – oops!)
- 20 blogs on wordpress.
That seems fair. Achievable.
I’ll cross off one blog and a few words. Yay!