A couple of days ago, Em tagged me in The Seven Facts Tag game – how excellent. The idea is that you write seven facts about yourself, then tag people in it to do the same.
1) Unlike many other writers, I can’t listen to music when I write. Actually, I’ve not tried since before university, so I don’t know for sure I can’t, I just prefer not to. Oddly enough though, I can sometimes write when I’m in the same room as a TV that’s on, or where computer games are being played.
2) My writing accomplishments so far are: 1 written, but not edited Mills and Boon type romance novel; 1 half written YA novel; 2 half written chick lit romance novels, and 1 finished and edited short story. I’d like to one day actually edit something other than a 1000 word story!
3) I don’t remember what made me want to write. I’ve read interviews where people talk about a story they wrote when they were a child, but I have no memories of that. I don’t know if I wanted to write when I was little, or even if I did that much writing. I just remember always wanting to do it. I don’t even know when I tried it for the first time, I thought it was just after uni, but then found something from when I was AT uni, so maybe there are things somewhere that go back even further. Who knows?
4) We don’t have a desk, or even a table at home, so I do all my writing either sitting on the sofa, or sitting on my bed. You’d think my back would get sore from it, but it doesn’t.
5) I’m doing a correspondence writing course. It’s taken a back step at the moment (that moment lasting a couple of years), but one day I’d like to finish it. My Mum is also doing the same course. She started it about 20 years ago!
6) I hate naming novels or stories. The novel I started on 3 years ago is still called ‘Holiday’. When I finally come up with the titles to stories/novels, I tend to love them, but it’s getting there that’s hard. Ironically, I’ve got a really good name for a novel, that I totally love, but I don’t really know much about the novel, just a basic starting point! Love the title though.
7) I really, really want to get a novel published. Not for the money, because there’s generally not much money in it (unless you become super mega famous, I doubt that), it’s not for the fame (I don’t really want to be famous, I’m very shy in real life), it’s because I want to move people with my words. I was saying the other day that it’s great when you get taken away with a novel and feel for the characters when they go through good/bad things. I want to be able to take people away, and really move them with my words.
So there we have it. My Seven Facts Tag. I’m supposed to tag people in this, but I’m going to be a bit different. I want to tag you reader. I don’t know much about my readers, or the people subscribed to my blog, so please, consider yourself tagged, and let me get to know you.